This is one of a series of posts where I document some configurations for various software that I use. This post, which is meant for personal reference, documents the configurations for Zotero.
- Go to the download page and download Zotero, then extract the contents to a location of your choice (e.g.,
- For Ubuntu, the tarball includes a .desktop file that can be used to add Zotero to the launcher. Run the
set_launcher_iconscript from a terminal to update the
.desktopfile for that location, and symlink zotero.desktop into
ln -s /opt/zotero/zotero.desktop ~/.local/share/applications/zotero.desktop). Zotero should then appear either in your launcher or in the applications list when click the grid icon (“Show Applications”), from which you can drag it to the launcher.
- Go to the download page and install Zotero Connector.
- Go to this page and download
- In the main menu, go to “Tools” > “Add-ons”;
- Select “Extensions”;
- Click on the gear in the top-right corner and choose “Install Add-on From File…”;
.xpithat you’ve just downloaded, click “Install”;
- Restart Zotero.
Go to “Edit” > “Preferences”, and change the following settings:
- In “Better BibTeX” > “Citation keys”, make sure that the “Citation key format” is
'' + auth.lower + shorttitle(3,3) + year.
- In “Sync”, login with